Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Inspiration

I look at old photos once in a while, in between trips. I'm still doing research on the itinerary for my next trip, I'm in the middle of deconstructing what I had planned to do in Yunnan, China. I'm going for a more ambitious itinerary. While doing that, I'm going through some old pictures, not really old, these were taken just last October. It's hard to imagine that a year has almost gone by. Times flies whether or not you're having fun, as the saying goes. It surely does. Sometimes it's fun, other times it's boring but the time just fly by, regardless. From these pictures I'm reminded of the opulence or old Europe and the quaintness of remote Europe. What an incredible mix, making it an incredible place of adventure. Expensive it may be to take a trip there but its money well spent and so worth it. To come back with memories like this. It is not like buying a designer dress, handbag or shoes, things that wear out and before you know it have to sold on ebay for next to nothing. I haven't shopped in years, stores would go bankrupt so fast if they depended on my business. I'm constantly on the Internet researching business opportunities and ideas for my next trip. Maybe one day I'll get paid for doing it. In the meantime I'll just do it for fun.


Some of you might recognise this..... the spiral staircase at the Vatican museum.. Isn't this the most gorgeous piece of construction?






Old stone villages are my downfall.




Isn't this the cutest picture? I'm buying something from this French store keeper. They like it if you buy something. So don't just look, buy something, even if you might throw it away. I didn't, I bought a slice of pain d'spice cake from him.












While I was outside, engaging the shopkeeper, Sophie was inside, snapping pictures. These are her pictures.

















Perched villages, that's another of my downfall....I can't get enough... makes me wonder if I shouldn't move there.








No comments: