Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A Chinese Royal court


There are similar paintings in the Louvre of royal courts, of the crowning of Napoleon. There's the similar parade of dignitaries dressed in ceremonial robes. Similarities are interesting, so are differences. At my age, I'm  in my dotage, I'm still discovering and still being enthralled by the varied cultures of the world. Even in my own backyard, in Southern California, I am still excited about the varied cultures in the population that I serve. Once in a while I have to break out in Spanish, in Chinese, and when an European visitor comes in, I have to try to decipher French, Italian or German. I can stay at home and still feel like I'm traveling or travel ans still feel at home in the world.

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You're right - similarities are very interesting. You're not in your dotage!

annechung said...

Thank you for saying I'm not in my dotage.