Sunday, February 17, 2013

More Patan Durbar square



 Intricately carved wood, beautifully ornate bronzes and stone deities, Patan Durbar square is a delight and a real treat. One can spend a lot of time here and not be bored. Unfortunately I'm always running and rushing through every trip. This was my third major site that Sunday, my first day. I arrived the night before, at 10pm and after all the visa and customs rituals, my taxi took me to my hotel. We passed a really dark city, there were no light because of load shedding. We were on dirt roads full of potholes. I said to myself, when morning comes, 'I'd better see more delightful things'. I did. Kathmandu and Nepal, in spite of their problems is a wonderful place. I was not disappointed. In fact, I'm planning to go back to do some trekking.














Posted by Picasa

No comments: