Saturday, January 20, 2018

Travel plans for 2018

Are Americans the only ones in the world always mulling over New Year's resolutions? Do we only decide to change our lives at the start of a new year? Why? We should be constantly taking stock of life and reorder it whenever we can rather than at the start of the year. Do I have any or have I made any new year resolutions? No. I make changes constantly throughout the year. At this moment I have a ticket to fly in 2 months and that will already take me well into half the year. I have young friends who are still mulling over travel. Its tough especially when there are so many destinations but the plan should be to take one country or one city at a time. Start with a very simple and rudimentary plan and as one's expertise increases, then to make more elaborate plans. Young people are so lucky. There are a lot of budget airlines flying to the major cities in the world. There are lots of new concept hostels with incredible locations. The reason to stay at home has diminished. I celebrate my 66 birthday in a week and I'm still doing hostels and backpacks!

No comments: