Thursday, February 05, 2009

Experiment

We are very visual people and that's why some print magazine might survive in these days of the Internet when we can almost anything online. Sometimes I buy a magazine because I love certain pictures in them like this issue of Saveurs magazine, it's in French. I thought this picture was so appealing. kaisssseeer... Kaiserschmarrn, I can't even pronounce the word. One day I'm going to make this, I am going to take out my French-English dictionary and I'm going to make this... Kaiiiss..whatchamacallit! It's been over a year now and I still haven't attempted to make it. I was reading a blog a few days ago, Creampuffsinvenice, ca and I found out it is also called Austrian pancakes. So what it really is, is pancakes done the Austrian way. So this morning I decided to experiment, made some eggy pancakes, cut them up and strewn them in a jumble in a plate, sprinkled powdered sugar over them and ate them with some jam. This is my rendition of Austrian pancakes, Kaiserschmarrn..... I hope Arnold would approve.









I still have a whole bunch of it leftover on my kitchen table.




No comments: