Monday, February 09, 2009

The joy of working


Are you serious? I hate working, I hate work but I have to fool myself everyday just to get myself out of bed and get to work. I like this book, it makes some good arguments about why I should enjoy work and how to enjoy work. Well, first off, without reading it, without work I won't be able to afford all the experiences I am currently experiencing. I won't be able to write a blog about all my adventures because I won't be able to afford any of my adventures. I won't be able to afford my house and live by myself in my own house.
I won't be able to travel as much as I do and a whole hosts of other things I can't do without a job that pays me something. Work is hard, life is hard but once we realise that, it becomes easy, we won't be surprise when things don't work out the way we expect.
'Hard work is not fun. Hard work is just that- hard work. Only rarely is hard work pleasurable. But self-satisfaction at the completion of a job well-done is pleasurable'.....said the book. So I'll continue to fool myself, enjoy work, it is fun, enjoy hard work, it is fun, think of the experiences I can buy with the money I make from work, it is fun.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm with you on this one! I can always think of things I'd rather do than work but sadly few of us have a choice.