Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tricycles

The locals looked at me strangely as I took pictures of their tricycles. They couldn't understand my fascination with their rust buckets. But they are interesting and form an interesting photographic collage. Just like the donkey carts in and around Cairo, Egypt.









































































































TV dishes?







































































































Can you tell, I couldn't get enough? Pedal power, that's a very green way of transportation. I would hate to see the air in Lijiang get polluted. Right now the air is clear and the water is pristine. I am a voyeur into people's lives, how they live their lives, that's why I travel. I'm not happy, just reading about it or watching it on the telly. Paul Theroux said, 'travel is a lazy way of passing time'. True, one just chase after the locals to see how they live their lives. That's what I've been doing on all my trips.




















No comments: