Friday, July 15, 2011

Reflections




"To get us moving along faster, our thoughts must be stronger and our imagination more vivid. We see things too dimly, our thoughts and imagination are hazy and gets more and more so with the passing years. Take steps to enliven our imagination by taking lots of pictures, collect lots of quotations, hang more prayer flags and build up an affirmation wall. Don't skimp on experiences, dip yourself right in deep."
Today's kids have too many choices and has left them powerless. At a very young age, they are asked 'what do you feel like for breakfast today, cereal? and there are ovder 10 choices of cereal.... toast? there is eggo waffles, pop tarts etc. They are raised to do what they feel like. Today as adults, they still do what they feel like and most often they don't feel like doing a lot of things that they must do. I was raised to do whatever needs to be done, I wasn't raised with any choices. I went into a profession that would garantee me a job, not one that I feel like doing. I do to work whether I felt like it or not, I don't shop (I do feel like shopping) I paid off my mortgage (I feel like paying according to schedule) I do things that need to be done whether I feel like it or not.
That is why I have the kind of pictures that I have. I had to delete a lot of pictures to make room for the new ones and looking at them again before they went into cyber nothing makes me feel really good. Some of them were so beautiful pictures, pictures of beautiful European capitals, Budapest, Vienna, Munich......
I am leaving in a few months for central China.

No comments: