Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another bedouin family



On the way up I came upon this Bedouin family having breakfast. This beautiful girl greeted me, offered me this huge chunk of homemade bread that her mother had just baked in that rudimentary fire that they call 'kitchen'. I protested, I couldn't in all clear conscience take their meager victuals, I ate a small piece and handed the chunk back to her. I said, 'I just had a big breakfast at our hotel'. I did share a cup (or glass) of her tea. I took her picture, a beautiful girl, she didn't show her teeth because some of her front teeth were missing. The Bedouins we met in Jordan has touched our heart so much. They contributed to the stories I brought back from this trip. It's not places but people also that add that extra element to all my trips.

No comments: