Saturday, March 03, 2012

Invitation to tea

 As I walked into the tomb, I saw the glow of embers on a pan and the three bedouin women had the kettle and invited me to have tea with them. I was invited to share tea with them and to sit on the blanket where they were sitting. I told them I won't be able to get up if I should sit so low on the blanket. One of them said, 'I'll help you up!' On that I lowered myself and sat on the blanket with them.
 I took their picture and showed it to them. One of them wasn't happy, she wasn't ready for the shot. So she retied her scarf and posed again and this was the result.
 Now she is happy.
It was taking too long, so I got up, thanked them and rejoin Sophie who was snapping pictures outside.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Wow! That must have been quite a teatime.