Monday, June 25, 2012

Prostration




The very very faithful prostrate while praying. It's a lovely thing to see. They even prostrate while doing the kora. Prostration in worship is not new, it is mentioned and practised in the Bible in the Old Testament. Lately I've incorporated it in my private prayer time. They prostrate, get up and do it again. They never rush. The pictures are amazing (Thank you, Patrizia of Sicilyscene) because of these amazing people. I've been to so many places in the world and these are by far the most fascinating. I hate to think that they will become modernized like us and our worship practices will be so simplified. Many still dress their traditional way and refuses Western clothing. Wearing Western clothing would mean China has won. They are Tibetans first, Chinese? Probably never! One cannot help but be political when it comes to the Tibetans. Free Tibet, I say!

No comments: