Monday, November 26, 2012

Bayonne, France

 I hadn't planned on being in Bayonne. I was here some seven years ago. The plan was to go to St Jean de Luz, then take the little train up the Pyrenees. We took the train from San Sebastian, crossed to the French border at Hendaye, got off at St Jean de Luz but couldn't find affordable accomodation. So we took the next train and headed up the coast to Bayonne where I knew cheaper rooms await. After we checked in we walked to the river and had lunch. I had lunch here seven years ago.




With all the seafood here, it was hard picking out what to eat. I finally settled for the lott or monkfish. It was delicious.
 I had forgotten how well the French does things, anything, they do it with such finesse. It was great to be back in France, it felt like I've been away for a while. I don't want to stay away this long next time. Even the sprouts on my plate had an attitude. I wonder what sprouts they were, radish? They tasted wonderful, had a little bite to it.
 That was a really great meal. Sophie had the entrecote, the steak.
Some expresso and I'm in heaven, food heaven.

No comments: