Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Guggenheim, some of the exhibits



 The space is so huge, they need a lot of huge pieces to fill it. It takes a certain kind of people to appreciate some of the pieces like this one. I forgot what its all about.
 We like the fact that they teach kids at such a young age to appreciate art especially modern art. I didn't grow up with art, in fact, I was chided by my art teacher at how horrible my work was. At 13 that was quite devastating. I didn't take up art appreciation until a very late age when I started traveling. Now I even dabble in it and have received compliments. Not that my art is good but that I'm even brave enough to take up the paint brush and put some strokes on paper.


I discovered Egon Schiele, a protege of Gustav Klimt. I like his work a lot especially his nude women. It was a good visit, all in all.

No comments: