Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Sunday in Rome

This is San Giovanni in Laterano in Rome and where I was last Sunday. I'm about to go to church in a few hours but last Sunday I was in three churches in Rome. We left Naples by train at 9am and was in Rome at 10.30 and since our room wasn't ready we took the metro to San Giovanni in Laterano and also to Scala Sancta where pilgrims get up some stairs on their knees. We then had lunch at a café and walked to San Clemente. Since we were right next to the Colosseum, we walked over to it to visit. It was very crowded. Then we walked up Esquilino hill to Santa Maria Maggiore at which time we were exhausted. But we refused to quit and sat down to have dinner before walking back to our hostel. I can do this again in a heart beat. Each time I'm in a church I pray that I can do this for as long as I want to!

No comments: