Wednesday, June 27, 2007

La dolce vita






















I work very hard, spending 10 hours on my feet, 4 days a week. On days off and weekends, I love to be outdoors in my backyard or around the neighborhood, dawdling around community gardens and farmer's markets. This is another beautiful day, nice and cool ocean breezes being felt and everyone is happy. At the Santa Monica farmer's market I spotted one lone puny punnet of white alpine strawberries for $7, how could I resist. They have become so rare the last 2 years. I did eat some red ones when I was in Palermo in March this year. I love them. In the summer I have cool whip ever ready in my fridge to eat with any and all berries that I can find. Lovely! There are 3 community gardens near where I live, this one is on Main street in Santa Monica. I love Hollyhocks. I just devoured the breakfast I laid out....






No comments: