Wednesday, September 05, 2007

great american institutions

I'm sitting at my dinning table and am writing. I look out the window to see the UPS truck pull up in front of my neighbor's house. How exciting, someone is having something delivered to them. I think the US mail, UPS, DHL and Fedex are great institutions. While the mailman sometimes bring bad news, they, with the UPS, DHL and the Fedex people usually bring much anticipated letters and packages. It is always exciting when either the UPS or Fedex trucks pull up in front. It is an eagerly awaited package, we can't wait to tear open the package- it's the new computer, the digital camera, the stack of books from Amazon or the clothing from Lands' End. That has been what they have been bringing to me over the years. My neighbor remodelled their house last year and it seems like the UPS truck stops in front of their house everyday. Everyday I look into my mail box to see what the mailman has brought me. Besides bills, there are a lot of goodies to look forward to - a check, a magazine, a letter (I still get those) from an aunt who doesn't own a computer.....

No comments: