Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Markets of Provence





























My first experience with a market in Provence was in Aix en Provence. I had no idea there was a market that day, a Tuesday, to be exact. Wow, that was a lot of fun. It was a complete market, with food, flowers, brocante and household items. This guy was unloading mattressess from his truck which he had them lean against the side of a fountain. There were fountains everywhere and in every corner. I bought a huge homemade sausage, a loaf of nut and raisin bread, I remember it very clearly like it was yesterday. It was 6 years ago. I found a street corner near a store where I bought a bottle of orange juice and ate the food. I shall be in Aix en Provence next month, I shall be there on a Tuesday again. I'm really looking forward to this trip.
This morning my shopping bags were slightly heavier than usual. The apples are coming in and that is very exciting. I bought some Hawk Eye and Molly Delicious apples. I like only sweet apples. The Autumn Royale grapes have arrived also. I went anxiously for this time of the year when I can eat Autumn Royale grapes again. They are so delicious, so very sweet. I love them. Fall is a great time.







No comments: