Sunday, August 24, 2008

Inspiration

What gets me up in the morning and going to work, besides bills to pay especially the hefty mortgage?
A healthy breakfast is one, this was done on a Sunday. I don't eat like this on days that I work, I grab a pastry from the nearby shop and munch as I work. I try to eat a healthy breakfast on days that I don't work, I have to dress it up for this blog. Energy is very important in my work. I have to get through an eleven hour work day of frenetic activities, both physical and mental. I'm more inspired after I have eaten. I take 6 vitamin pills most days,
1 multi vit (usually Centrum)
1 iron pill
1 b complex
1 folic acid
1 ocuvite ( 3 times a week)
1 calcium
I make sure I eat fish a few times a week.

Trade publications and newspapers - I've had my subscriptions to the Wall Street Journal and Businessweek for over 10 years. I started blogging after I read an article about it in Businessweek. I first went to the south of France, 7 years ago, after reading an article about airfares in the Wall Street Journal. So every morning I wake up to the Wall Street Journal and every Friday, the Businessweek arrives. I get my other news online.

Every morning I open my bible to read a passage, I'm not into those daily devotional books, I prefer a commentary. I read another passage from another inspirational book usually about the joy of working (joy in working?????) And a magazine, usually foreign, usually French (mai oui!) All these gets me all charged up and ready for another day at work. This is a lot, it is taking more and more to get me up and out of bed and raring to go.
Next I remind myself of the benefits of a paycheck,
- 401K contributions
- social security contributions
- pay off mortgage
- private investments
- savings
- travel, with family, sharing of joys of travel
- a substantial rainy day fund


There are all kinds of inspiration artwork around the house.



What gets people up and going varies. You just have to find your button and press it. It might change. What gets me inspired today may not do the same thing tomorrow. I'm constantly looking for ways to get inspired. My views changes, my desires changes..... so the search for inspiration is constant.




Rest is important, I try to go to bed early, at 9.30pm. They say enough sleep can boost the brain power by as much as 30%. I believe that. The next day at work, I'm ready, it's showtime!





No comments: