Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nice (again)

I've been to Nice so many times, I can't remember how many. We left Ventimiglia after breakfast and was here in Nice at 9.30am. It's just a short hop on the train from Ventimiglia. Our hotel is a crummy old hostel in an old building, a few steps across the street from the train station. I like it that way, so when take the trains we don't have far to walk especially with our luggage. It was cheap at 60 euros a night for the 2 of us and we have a bathroom with toilet and shower. For France, this is a luxury. It included breakfast too which was just a roll and a coffee. Heck, we are cheap travelers. The usual thing happens, at every town, after we dropped off our luggage we're out the door, going somewhere. We walked to the bus station to look for a bus to take us to Biot. I love both the train and bus stations in Nice, they both take you to numerous pretty and interesting places. I remember my first time in Nice, over 7 years ago. I used both the train and bus stations a lot. I wanted to live in Nice then, maybe I still do. So onward to Biot....
I have a smaller suitcase than Sophie but I still have less things. Her suitcase is bigger and it's always bulging at the seams, she's got so much stuff. Pack lightly especially if you're taking trains, buses and subways.

Every evening I write about the day's events so I won't forget anything.


No comments: