Saturday, December 27, 2008

Marylebone High

The sign said, 'bazaar, fun and frocks'. This is Marylebone High street, a really pretty and livable part of London. It is just across the street from Madame Tussuad's but even when we arrived at Madame's, we had trouble finding Marylebone High. We eventually did, if I were to live in London, I would choose here to live. It is that pleasant. It is full of restaurants and fun shops, no Gap or Old Navy, just the English icons, like Cath Kidston, Emma Bridgewater, Le Pain de Quotidien, Divermenti, Daunt Books and Cotton and Cologne. It is one of the prettiest neighborhoods in London. We had the greatest weather the few days we were in London and was really enjoying London. We took lots of pictures, then at lunchtime, we decided,'let's have lunch at Soho.' We jumped into the underground and had lunch at Soho as if we were locals. It was a great feeling.
A baby shop. I love specialty shops, I love Ateliers.

Cath Kidston, from across the street.










Le pain de quotidien.














Emma Bridgewater, I still don't anything from Emma Bridgewater. I can get her stuff from an English shop in Santa Monica. I do shop here but I get my English groceries only. There's an Italian deli in Santa Monica that sells Italian stuff, 'Bay cities Italian deli'. I love this place, I shop here around Christmas, to buy my Panettone, nougat from Florence and other Italian stuff. Of course, 'Baci' chocolates from Perugia, the best in the world. I'm scared of coming here more often, I'll be in debt.









































Daunt Books is the world's most incredible bookstore, not only is the interior sumptuous, the titles of books sold are not found in Barnes & Noble or Borders. It's a travel bookstore and they have titles I've never seen anywhere. The interior has an absolutely gorgeous skylight and the shelves are made of the most beautiful mahogany, beautiful. I regret that I was only in there for a fleeting moment.


























Madame T. I've never been in here. I have no interest. We only found our way here because Marylebone High street was just across the street from it. It's too American, the figures are dominated by American icons. Who wants to see dead figures, I don't even want to see the real person.















More of Cath Kidston, I took so many pictures before I was discovered doing it and had to stop, or risk being thrown out of the store.































After lunch, we went to the British museum....

No comments: