Sunday, October 18, 2009

Behind closed doors






While we were mostly photographing the fronts of buildings, we did venture into the back courtyards and saw these beautiful buildings. We talked among ourselves and wondered about the people whose windows we were looking at. Being travelers, we are voyeurs, looking into other people's lives. We wondered about how other pay their bills, what their attitudes towards work is like, how do they vote, their views about their future, the future of their country, the future of the world......Americans, especially now, has the greatest angst about everything, work, taxes, the value of the US dollar, terrorism, the lowering of our living standards.....I'm glad I'm still able to travel, even though the style that I travel in has diminish over the years, not that I traveled in any great style previously. Definitely I'm staying in cheaper places, eating at cheaper places, always refusing to pay entrance fees. I find myself squeezing more out of each trip because each trip is costing more in terms of the exchange rate. I'm getting use to it and have no complaints. As long as I'm still able to travel, I'm happy.



No comments: