Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why I travel, beautiful churches

This and many others makes traveling so rewarding. In Italy, in every nook there is a church and they are all so beautiful. This one is near the main train station in Rome and since we prefer to stay close to the train station, we are always in close proximity to this church. Sophie likes to visit it, it is like a beautiful museum. I forgot the number of times we've been in here and we never tire of visiting. Leonardo da Vinci had a hand in designing this church while in his 80's. I remember my first visit to Rome, it was in June and even in June the humidity was quite unbearable. After a hard morning visiting, we had to pop into some church for some shade. It was not a church on the tourist circuit but it was the sweetest church ever. It might as well be on the tourist circuit but that's the beauty of Rome, that's the beauty of Italy. I think it was called the church of San Dominico, I don't think I can find it again. There was a service going on, a Filipino priest was preaching in English and Tagalog to a mainly Filipino congregation. It was pretty remarkable. There have countless small churches since than, too many to numerate and they are all so remarkable. That's why I travel.

No comments: