Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Cappadocia, Central Turkey














The last trip we took was 6 months ago to Turkey and parts of Europe. I was going to write a book. I had some parts written but work got in the way and knocked whatever creative juices I had. I probably didn't have a whole lot since they could be waylaid so easily. I feel like a complete rag, so blah, I lost the gumption I had soon after I returned. I'm on the eve of another trip. Will I regain some of that spunk? I don't know. These pictures used to excite me but they don't anymore. This was Cappadocia in Central Turkey where we spent 3 days, trekking, climbing and crawling them hills looking for hidden churches, churches dug into the caves and painted with the most awesome frescoes. There were so many of them. We love old buildings and churches in Europe are usually the oldest of buildings. These are old churches but not freestanding churches. These are cave churches and what an unusual phenomenon. We've never seen anything like it. I'd love to return to see if I can reignite some of the feelings I had when I was there.

No comments: