Sunday, September 04, 2011

The dome of Ishan

 This is one of the most beautiful domes of all the churches I've visited. It is so stunning.
Most of the roof has fallen. The dome is supported by the four remaining columns and this is a precious memorial to the Georgian architects who built Ishan. As I walked around the church, the custodian came to accompany me and was proud to point out that this is Georgian. He must be of Georgian origin. 










It is images like these that gets me out of bed in the morning and gets me out the door to my horrible job. I love being a Pharmacist but I don't like the current working conditions. I can always quit but where am I going to find a job with that huge pay check. I'm paid an obscene amount of money. That's the reason I'm able to travel to so many places. I have to work through my aching body. It's a tough job, physically and mentally demanding. As I upload these pictures, I am able to revel at the trip again. These trips pays so many dividends.

No comments: