Sunday, September 18, 2011

The next generation

 Here I am, teaching the next generation to love what I love, to appreciated the old and sacred places. They were such troopers, it was an opportunity not to be missed, to have seen the old world of the Georgian and the Armenian people. I've read a few books about the current Republics of Georgia and Armenia, their early days after the break up of the USSR of which they had been a part, was riffed with poverty and shortages. One book spoke of them as being 'marooned' in their own country because they can't afford to visit the West. A lot of Georgians and Armenians have never seen their heritage in this part of Turkey and many will never see it in their life time.


I know I'm really blessed to have come out of poverty and not be 'marooned' in North Borneo (now part of Malaysia).
Even as you read this, I'm on my way to Beijing, China. This was written before and scheduled for posting today.

No comments: