Sunday, November 10, 2013

Inside Amiens cathedral







Amiens is the capital of the Somme valley or Picardy. Amiens cathedral was built in the 13th century and took 68 years to complete. It is a beautiful Gothic building, the interiors rises to 45 metres and is magnificent. It has in its possession a holy relic, the skull of John the baptist, how they know it is the skull of John, I don't know. In the early years after the death of Christ, many in the church especially the Byzantine church went relic hunting in the Holy land and took back many relics and these relics are in churches all over Europe. I don't think I saw where the skull was kept. I'm not into superstitions about relics, for me, it is the Holy spirit in me that is working in me to do God's will.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It looks beautiful.