Sunday, September 14, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

Today is the day we leave for Rome, the starting point of our trip.... all my bags are packed and waiting at the door for transportation to the airport. I leave with a heavy heart, worried about work when I'm not there. They'll manage, I have a good team, still I worry. I need to go to preserve my sanity. I'll be back, ready to work again. Vacations are important, especially one that takes you out of your daily routine and one that puts you in another time and place. This trip, as with other trips certainly will do that for me. We'll be traveling along the coast as far as Barcelona before flying to London. Not one day will be the same, that should do the job of refreshing the soul and the spirit. I'm planning to take 3 trips next year so the time between trips is not too far apart. This blog is still active while I'm gone. I've already scheduled the re-posting of some of the old stuff, details of our trip to Sicily last October.
I wish they'll make all their equipment standard, instead I have to lug all these equipment. All these equipment for 2 cameras, 2 battery chargers, plus the transformer (not in picture), 2 extra battery packs, extra memory card, USB cable, 2 lens for my new Nikon. This is getting serious. Before this blog I never imagine I'll be serious about photography. It's been a lot of fun, I'm learning a lot. I kept some of the packing material to wrap up the camera and lens in so I don't have to bring the huge and clunky carrying case.

The big smile on my face, who wouldn't be happy. I've worked so very hard. I'm ready....


No comments: