Monday, November 03, 2008

Nice 2

We saw this cute shop in a mall in Nice. We started taking pictures from the outside but the shop girl told us to stop. She got so enraged she called security on us. We had to run away.





I've always loved old Nice since the first time I saw it 8 years ago. I wanted to live in Nice, I still do. I've been in Nice many times since the first time. Old Nice is touristy but I love it anyway. When we were here, it was late afternoon and fast turning dark but we had an hour or so to take pictures.



A shop with a collection of old French designs, the ones that lasted decades and still look timeless.




This is our most favorite restaurant but we didn't have time to eat here this trip. It's interiors is very like that of Le Pain Quotidien, long pine tables and fixtures, really cute.





It's full of touristy restaurants, here, a few tourists checking out the menu.














There's lots of seafood restaurants, for some reason, we weren't interested in eating here, probably the prices put us off.









Sea urchins, anyone?









Whelk, anyone?










A night market was in full swing...























Old Nice is full of narrow and crooked alleys, here is a cute spice shop where I bought some tea, Blueberry tea and Violet tea. I'm drinking it on my days' off, mmmmm, tastes real good and brings back some great memories.












































By this time it was getting too dark to take more pictures. We walked back to our hostel which was near the train station. Previously we had to walk the 10 blocks back. This trip we took the tram, it's new, I think it costs 1.20 euros a ride. It's worth it, cuts out all the walking. When we were in Nice 2 years ago, they tore up Jean Medicin just to put in the tram. This trip, its' finished and we could get to enjoy it. We ate dinner at some cheap Chinese take out place near the train station. Nice is really easy to get around, a user friendly town. I like Nice. Tomorrow we take the train back up the mountains to Sospel.
















No comments: