Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Color

I used to have these bright yellow drapes in my old house and they were so tiring on the eyes. They were lined with an oatmeal colored muslin fabric, so I turned the screaming yellow part to the outside and the oatmeal muslin to face the inside of the room. That was much better and much more calming. Phew, I can't stand color in the house, color means life and scrambling, scrambling for something. There's too much color and drama at work that when I come home, I don't need anymore. Over the years I have made a lot of colorful patchwork quilts and they adorn my bed, not the colorful part but the muslin backing. Again, I can't stand the colorful part, I don't know why I even bother to make such colorful patchwork quilts, I could just put two pieces of oatmeal colored muslin fabric together. Well, I just need to know that I can do patchwork quilting.
But..... when I travel, I gravitate towards color, the more colorful the better. I love colorful vignettes, old and stripping paint, colorful and testifying to the test of time. There can't be enough color out there in the world. This is a great paradox in my life. For this posting I searched for the most colorful pictures in my stock and even so they are not colorful enough.
Collioure, France.

Sospel, France



Perpignan, France


Saorge, France (this place is so cute, so adorable)




Camogli, Italy





Camogli, Italy






Venice, Italy








Venice, Italy







Bologna, Italy









Bologna, Italy










Rome, Italy











Annecy, France













Roussillon, France. (I've seen this corner being painted, sketched and photographed in so many books and websites)












Roussillon, France.


I love color and I hate color....











No comments: