Thursday, January 01, 2009

The feasting goes on

This is the rib roast after I've put the rub on it and it goes into the fridge for 24 hours. I've never made rib roast before, I found a recipe online at Allrecipes.com. This is where I find my recipes including the one on Scalloped oysters which was really good. I've made Scalloped oysters many years ago and had forgotten how good it was. We ate and drank till midnight when the clock struck 12.01am, 2009! We reminisced about our growing up on the north end of the island of Borneo, 7 of us, all ragamuffins, not one alike and how we all ended up in Canada and the USA. The Lord has been so good to us. It has been an incredible year and we all look with great expectations towards the new in spite of the economic turmoil knowing that ultimately it is the goodness of God that will see us through.
I made some more mince pies...





How many people does it take to carve a roast? It was so lovely as I took it out of the oven and let it sit for 1 hour. Every one wanted to get into the action. There were so many cooks in my little kitchen.




















Sigh, 'should all acquaintance be forgot.....for auld lang syne....' Have a great New Year.







No comments: