Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's official

The travel season for 2009 has officially began. The first is 5 days in Cairo, Egypt. The guide books are dusted off the shelves. I'm going to digest every word written on Cairo and cramp everything into 5 whole days. It's another marathon and it's exciting. We leave February 21 for Cairo arriving at midnight on British Airways, the fares are pretty good. This is going to be an exciting trip, imagine to visit a place that has history that extends way back into the thousands of years, the Egypt of the early bible, the Egypt that played so prominently in the bible. Even the Holy family spent a short time in Egypt when they hid from Herod after the visit of the three wise men. I was asked if I was concerned about the violence in the Gaza that is now kinda involving Egypt. I am always afraid, the world is a dangerous place. I have traveled after 911 when everyone stayed at home, I've traveled during the British baby food incident, I have traveled just after the start of the invasion of Iraq. I can easily be passed off as a Japanese and if asked in Cairo where I'm from, I think I will say, from Japan. One can always stay at home but that's not something I'll consider. The tickets has been purchased and the hotel room booked and we'll be out the door pretty soon to kick off the travel season of 2009.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I do envy you. I've always wanted to go to Egypt.