Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Kunming City museum


On display were these gorgeous photos of old Kunming. It is a very small museum but it had some spectacular artifacts on display. One of them was this 'Sutra' pillar. It was originally left outside and unprotected from the elements. Rather than move it indoors, they just built the museum over it.

An old photo of it. It is a beautiful piece of work.











As they work on building the structure to house it, they have to shore it up from being shaken.





They found dinosaurs in the hills in Yunnan. They had a few of them on display at this museum.















I haven't never seen dinosaurs up close, this was my first time and it was exciting. It was an incredible trip, I learned so much in a very short time. I learned how hard the Chinese work and this has inspired me. I am working harder since I came back. China and India are working very hard to catch up with the West. I want to go to India and see what the conditions are like there. They are both erasing their past so fast and that makes going there the more prescient.







No comments: