Sunday, March 07, 2010

Home for now

I'm putting the final last minute preparation for our upcoming trip. It's a tough life but someone's gotta to live it. I'm glad I still have a job in light of the worsening economic picture the world over. As long as I have a little money I'll still take trips. There's a big world out there and many places still remained unexplored by me. John Bunyan said, 'we are all travelers in the wilderness of this world'. Robert Louis Stevenson quoted from him in 'Travels with a donkey in the Cevennes'. Another book I just acquired by Christopher Rush made me read RLS's book again. Christopher Rush would repeat RLS's journey after his wife died. Home is where all my books are, they're in the garage which is now a warehouse for all my books. They're on the floor in my bedroom and now they're encroaching on my space in the living room. If they find me dead in the house, they might say, 'OMG, all these books!'

No comments: