Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dinan

Another picture perfect old French village. I went exploring on my own and it was fun. I used to travel on my own and when in foreign places for a few days without an English conversation, I resorted to reading aloud, just so I can hear English being spoken. What do you do when you haven't had a conversation in your language for a few days or an extended period of time? I arrived in Dinan on the train, I had to change trains. The old part of town is really quiet because it wasn't tourist season yet, otherwise it'll be bombarded by tourists. While it is not on the ocean edge, it does have a river which flows into the Atlantic and boats do come into Dinan to berth. I went into this beautiful gothic church to pray and there was this huge magnolia tree outside that was in full bloom. It was very pleasant.

No comments: