Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lunch at Eminonu








Street food is everywhere and really cheap. They cater to the locals. I didn't see any tourists here where we ate on the waterfront. Most tourists come with a tour group and they have their buses take them everywhere, to fancy hotels and fancy restaurants. I've never joined a tour group to anywhere, preferring to blaze a trail for myself everywhere and everytime. I forgot how much we paid for this fish sandwich, can't be more than 5TL (Turkish Liras) which is about US3. The fish is fresh caught from the same waters that we are looking at. I just looked at the pictures, it was 4TL! There is great food everywhere, Turkish food is incredible. It reminded of the fried fish we had for lunch in Essaouira, Morocco. I love fresh fish and would eat it wherever I can find it.

No comments: