Thursday, December 05, 2013

Paris, a day early

 I bought a train ticket to Vernon on a train from Rouen bound for Paris. I thought every Rouen-Paris train stopped at Vernon. I realised too late that the train I jumped on did not stop in Vernon, it went straight through and here I was with only a ticket to Vernon but was going further to Paris. Now what was I to do about Vernon? What's in Vernon? Monet's home and garden.As soon as I arrived in Paris St Lazare station, I went to the ticket counter, secured a ticket for Vernon the next day. Now I still have to resolve the situation about a hotel room since my reservation was for the next day. I went to my hotel but they were full for the night. They got another room in a nearby hotel for me. I changed hotel the next day. Phew!


 Angelina's cafe, Paris is famous for their delectable 'Mont Blanc' a pastry made from chestnut paste.




 Paris, as perfect as ever, perfect parks, perfect architecture, perfect town planning. They discovered the word 'finesse'.


The iconic glass pyramid that is the entrance to the Louvre museum.

No comments: