Sunday, December 06, 2009

Old town Prague


"At the geographical heart of Europe, Prague's beautiful cityscape has been carved and sustained by a variety of emperors, artists and religious communities from the gothic exuberance of its castle and cathedral, to the dignity of the medieval Jewish cemetery and the 19th century opulence of the 'new' town. Under Communist rule, Prague was off the tourist map, but since 1989 the city has seen a surge of visitors eager to take in this spectacular city". I quote from a guidebook.
I was to have visited this city years ago with my sister but we had a falling out, she went, I didn't till now. I am glad I finally made it there. Even though old town Prague is a mish mash of architectural styles, it didn't take away its magnificence. Each period just adds on to the incredible experience that is Prague.

No comments: