Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Berber village


Scenes like this dot the area outside Marrakech and it is an amazing sight to behold. We didn't see much of them outside of Fes towards the North. I remember being quite disappointed when we were in Fes but the moment we left and arrived in Marrakech, then what we anticipated came true and we became happy again. We went to a Berber market day and that was also very amazing. I loved that. It was so primitive, it reminded me of a similar one in a little village in Southern China. They built these houses from the mud, that is why the color is indistinguishable from the color of the dirt. I remember telling my Chinese taxi driver, 'I want to see dirt houses.' Then the color in this village in China was red and the dirt houses were red and so beautiful.

No comments: