Sunday, April 21, 2013

More memories

 Durbar square, Kathmandu
 Durbar square, Kathmandu
 Temples at every corner in Kathmandu
 Newari architecture

 The ultra busy tourist area of Thamel in Kathmandu
 Newari food.
 Quirky means of transportation.
Roads choked with cars, cows and people. These are the fond memories of Nepal. I didn't know why I even decide to visit Nepal, I'm glad I did and I know I will return. It's incredible value for money. The trekking is great even though I have yet to experience it. I remember the condescension of the clerk at the Cathay Pacific counter in Los Angeles.... Ms Chung, you are checked all the way to KATHMANDU.... KATHMANDU this.... KATHMANDU that.... where the heck is Kathmandu, no one is going there... we civilised people go to Hong Kong.... If only he knew because I know of this wonderful place called Nepal.

No comments: