Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The architectural gems of Mardin

 The architecture is interesting, nothing like I've seen before but in some ways it reminds me of Sicily. Sicily was under Arab rule once. The style in Mardin is Arab, a derivative of Seljuk style, Artuqid, they call it.
 It's steps and more and steeper steps. I've neverl climbed so much. My sister was doing fine, she trains everyday but I was out of breath the whole time.
 The two local guys (yokels?) horsing around while their friends tried to take their picture.
 We didn't have time here, just in and out because it was an expensive city. We arrived late Saturday afternoon and left the next morning.



It would have been to nice to go to the top to take pictures from the top and also to go the bottom and take pictures from there. As it stand, we did neither.

No comments: