Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday







I'm lucky to live close to the Santa Monica airport where the monthly antique fair is held. In fact they have it twice a month, the first and fourth Sundays of every month. I remember when I lived in Orange County there was a twice yearly major antique fair. They let people in early at 6am for a higher entry fee. I remember going at 6am in the October, it would still be dark, the crazy early birds (me included) would come with flash lights. It gets very crowded later on, so it was worthwhile coming early and have the pick of the good stuff. I set myself a budget of $500 each time. I'm not that crazy anymore. Besides this event is twice a month and it doesn't get that crowded. I bought some cheap hotel silver for a dollar a piece and 2 more French garden chairs to add to the 2 I already have. I walked there, I didn't take my car and I had to carry those 2 chairs home. They got heavier and heavier and it was hot and I was sweating bullets. I really would like at least 6 chairs. If I can only find a nice antique garden table. I sit outside a lot when the weather's not too hot and we dine outside when we have barbecues.



No comments: