Saturday, July 21, 2012

Labrang monastery








There just wasn't enough time. This was our last afternoon and we had only arrived the previous day. This was another whistle stop to China. Its very hard to leave work for any extended period. I hate to say it but they simply cannot do without me at work. So I have to run off for 10 days, the travel time takes 3 days and the time on the ground is so short. I can't wait for the day when I don't have to worry about anything at home. In the meantime I will grab what I can. I'm full of regret seeing these pictures again because I haven't given the place the time it deserved. Labrang started as a group of tents and grown into this multi complex monastery. This is sacred Tibetan architecture and the paint work is limited to temples only. They can't paint their living quarters this way. It is an absolutely beautiful place.

No comments: