Thursday, July 16, 2015

Savonlinna, Finland

 I left Kuopio at 8am today, took the bus to Varkaus to catch another bus for Savonlinna but the connecting bus didn't come till 1.30pm. I waited over 4 hours. That's the beauty of independent travel. Anyway I'm here now, just showered and trying to relax and enjoy this resort town. I love it that each time I asked someone for directions, they tell me they're not from here. I hear a lot of German being spoken. Anyway I'm in the lobby of this fancy Best Western hotel. They also run the hostel in the back that I'm staying in. Im using their wifi and coming over for breakfast here tomorrow.
 The drive here as in all of Funland was so awesome, full of wild flowers.
 Then it was down to the market for some lakkalortsy, cloudberry jam filled doughnuts and coffee.

 Wish you were here, everyone is jumping into the sauna.

I'll take a lake cruise tomorrow and enjoy my last day. Then its off to Helsinki for 3 days and I have a flight to Oslo after that. I will then begin my Norway part of the trip.

No comments: