Sunday, November 15, 2015

Tribute to Paris

Lovers at the Musee de la vie romantique, oblivious to the world around them. To them there is only the two of them. C'est la vie! Every time there is a violent incident, we, immediately wonder if we should travel again. A friend of mine just mentioned that she'll not travel because its so dangerous. The planes were empty after 9-11 but I flew anyway, I went places anyway. That was 14 years ago. If we decide to stay at home, how long do we intend to do so? For decades? I'd go to Paris tomorrow if I hadn't been there in a while. I was there last August, very close to the places where the terror attacks took place. I was in between gate l'est and gate du nord, very close to Canal St Martin, I had dinner on the terraces a couple of nights. I had a great time. It doesn't matter what you do in Paris and you don't have to do anything, it'll still be fun. When Hitler first saw Paris, he decided not to destroy it. He said,'its going to belong to us anyway and besides we will build another to rival its beauty. The Nazi forces occupied Paris and it became the play ground for Nazi officers. Can you imagine a life with no Paris? I can't. I need Paris to heal my broken heart, to restore me after life's many disappointments. A trip to Europe always involve a swing into Paris, just to walk by the Seine, linger at any cafe and smile a lot.



No comments: