Monday, December 27, 2010

A good guide

 We start very early each morning, to hike and to climb....

 following him through the strangest landscape....

 ...peer into openings carved in the rock...
 ...until the sun goes down and it turns dark...

 its getting dark and we see Goreme a short distance away....we're almost home, home in our hotel where a nice hot shower awaits and dinner....


 We love Turkish food, and the local Turkish bread.... mmmmm
Only to wake up next morning to do it all over again.... This is Sophie's picture. I think this was taken just before I fell. I stepped on some loose rocks, slipped and fell on my butt, my left elbow hit the rock and cut it open. It wasn't that bad, I was bleeding. On one of the days, Sophie fell into a grave, good thing, she wasn't hurt. That was about the worse mishaps we suffered on this trip. On our second day, it was so hot and we hiked so much, I had heatstroke and almost fainted. Good thing, Sophie went and got me lots of cold water to drink and some wet wipes, I recovered and was able to finish our day without anymore mishaps. It's so important to be well hydrated, walk slowly, wear a wide brim hat and comfortable and sturdy shoes.

No comments: