Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pudding


One must remember to eat pudding when in Turkey. It is delicious. It's quite ubiquitous, they're found almost everywhere, We only found out about this wonderful street near our hotel .Our hotel was the Side hotel in the Sultanahmet area between the Haghia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Across the street from the Haghia Sophia is this street, the Cemberlitas, near Beyazet. It has all kinds of restaurants and bookstores, with expensive books in English. I think all books should be translated and made easily available to the masses, prices should be affordable. It was books while growing up that made me what I am today. There wasn't many books available while growing up in a third world country but we had a small public library, we had the British Council. I remember devouring every book found in the British Council library. They used to show BBC productions of the classics. I remember watching 'Pride and Prejudice' seven times.

No comments: