Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The climb





One can ride a camel up the mountain instead of climbing on your feet. Its a popular destination for Korean Christians. Here we have a small break before the final assault on the mountain. The next climb is the 750 hard and steep steps up to the top to wait for the sunrise.I looked up the night sky and saw so many stars that I've never seen before. The dark night sky seemed curved and was crowded with stars. They seem so close, as if close enough to touch. It was a surreal feeling, like where am I? This is not real! I can't believe I made the climb, I never ever gave it a second thought. I just agreed with the Egyptian taxi driver and before I knew it, I was committed and I climbed, right behind my guide, following as close as I can. Not bad, I kept up with him. One must only attempt the climb with a guide.

No comments: