Saturday, January 05, 2008

On our way to Roussillon
















It was a lovely October morning, nice and warm in Provence. The vine leaves have turned this gorgeous red rust color, very beautiful. I love red. I love red cities, that's the reason for going to Roussillon. The plan was to stay the weekend in Roussillon but we couldn't find public transportation to get there, so we did the next best thing, go with a tour group from Avignon. At 50 euros per person, it was pretty pricey but well worth the money.
It wasn't much of a group, besides Sophie and I, there was another couple from Caracas, Venezuela, Maria and Jose. It was a slow time for tourism, just a few stragglers like us in town. Jessica was our driver and guide that day. It was a gorgeous day and we went in a Mercedes mini van, laughing, chatting and getting to know each other. I sat in the front seat with Jessica, it could hold another person in between us but she had her purse on the empty seat in between us. She told me I could put my things where hers was. I did, only my trench coat, it was getting warm and it didn't look like I needed it the rest of the day. Not my day bag, that's something I don't let go, not even in a restaurant, it's sort of attached to me, it hangs on me at all times except when I go to sleep. This has significance when I elucidate what happened in later postings.

No comments: