Saturday, May 10, 2008

Morning reading

Every year I face the dilemma, to renew or not to renew my Wall Street Journal subscription. The stories are so pithy, I just take 5 minutes to read the whole paper 6 days a week. The habit I've fostered of going out to the front drive way to pick up the paper is more important than the actual contents of the paper. Sad, but true. So every morning, I still flip through the pages of the Journal, read my bible with the help of a commentary, usually one written by my favorite author, William Barclay. Definitely there's more substance in the bible. So just as we eat breakfast, I feast on words of encouragement, faith and hope and I'm ready to face the day. I still have to make the decision of whether to renew or not to renew the Journal.......

No comments: