Saturday, May 17, 2008

The virtual life

I was reading about the virtual life and a second life, of having an avatar who lives the life of your dreams in cyberspace, in the internet. Your avatar is whoever you want to be whether it be a celebrity where money is no object, she shops till she drops, or he/she fights crimes, etc, anyone you want to be. I don't know how it works, how to even start or how to even join in to play. Young people are making real money on things like this.
Here am I, sitting in my car, the front seat has turned into a sitting room like everybody else's cars these days. I have to leave the house very early to beat the traffic, I have a mini library/sitting room in the front seat of my car, I read, I pray, I dream and I write for at least 1 & 1/2 hours on the days that I work, in the front seat of my car, till it's time to start work at the pharmacy. I've been doing this for almost 10 years now. After all this time, some days are such a drag. Like all people, I plot and plan my escape from the 'tyranny of the clock'. Some one said, 'that's why it's called work'. Even so, it doesn't have to be such a mind numbing drudgery.
One morning, I was blessed with a brilliant idea, create my own avatar, my altered ego, my second life (except it's not virtual and no one else gets to come in). I am going to live my second life through 'Anna Sophia'. So over time, I'll make up stories about her life, so when 'Anna Sophia' does the postings, you'll have to remember, she's not real. We'll both post, so one is real life, the other is not, we might get both lives mixed up, so we might end up not knowing which is real life and which is not. Does it matter? No! This is going to be fun and exciting.
Why am I doing this? For my sanity or maybe for my insanity, which one? Who cares. I don't. I just need to remember which one is real and which one is not. What is I get mixed up..... let's find out.
Tomorrow will be Anna Sophia's first post. It's going to be fun. I love it already......

No comments: